Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Return of Brilliance

..
March 3, 2010
Wednesday

Hello, I'm a free spirit roaming the physical world for 39 years now. I used to be a member of a half-forgotten, half-remembered New Wave / Postpunk-influenced Filipino band named Half Life Half Death, which was sporadically active in the Philippines from 1988 to 2003. I immigrated to Canada in 2003 to have a better life. After three years of hardship, I finally got back to my normal state--gladly with all my senses intact. I'm working fulltime as a nurse assistant at a hospital and part-time as the editor of Filipino Journal--the leading Filipino newspaper in Manitoba. I'm active in the community, attending and participating in various cultural events. Also, I'm back as an artist and musician--as the bandleader of the band called haLf man haLf eLf. Most of all, I'm back with my brilliant ink, ready once again to indite whatever I think.

This particular blogspot will be solely dedicated to my musical journey--personal activities that have something to do with music.

When I left the Philippines, I thought that performing in a band was finish for me. I was wrong. As soon as my condition in Canada has stabilized, and I met fellow musicians, I got back to forming a band and performing once again.

This blogspot will be the teller of the adventures of haLf man haLf eLf.

No comments:

Post a Comment