Thursday, March 18, 2010

Worth mentioning in the 'Winnipeg Sun'

...

March 18, 2010 (Thursday)

My bandmate Robert Villanueva called me a while ago to tell me to check out today's copy of Winnipeg Sun--the second leading newspaper in Manitoba (next to Winnipeg Free Press).

Our friend band Here the World (brothers Johnny and Tyler Holmes) was interviewed in the newspaper's entertainment section. The brothers answered a series of questions, and when the question was "Who's your favorite local band?" the brothers responded with "haLf man haLf eLf."

Yes, that's the name of my current band here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. To some people that little mention is no big deal; to me, however, having been mentioned by a Canadian band as their favorite in national newspaper is both an honor and a pleasure. It simply meant that my band is worth mentioning. They didn't forget us.

Here the World has just released their debut album, The Ripple Effect, which you can purchase via their Web site.

Johnny and Tyler, thanks as always. What you did--mentioning us--may seem trivial, but I know that it is another door of opportunity opened for us, because that mere mention will surely create curiosity on the part of the readers of Winnipeg Sun who are into music.

And by the time we are ready to come out with our debut CD, our name has already rang a bell in the consciousness of many people.

My gratitude!


No comments:

Post a Comment