Thursday, March 4, 2010

Winnipeg's CitiTV's Breakfast Television

...
March 4, 2010
Thursday

Here in Winnipeg, there's a local television network, CitiTV, which features upcoming local bands on the show Breakfast Television. The show usually gives chance to new or unsigned bands. Last Tuesday, Inna and I dropped by at the station, located at The Forks, to submit materials of haLf man haLf eLf--a proposal letter, short band bio, video footage, and demo recording of 2 songs.

I hope that they consider guesting us. If yes, we will perform live at the show, to be aired in the morning. Usually, the guest band plays three original songs.

I'm conjuring the muses of my art and the deities of my mythology to help me grant my wishes. This will be a big break for my band, especially that here where I am, haLf man haLf eLf is the only New Wave and Postpunk-influenced Filipino band.

No, haLf man haLf eLf is among the less-than-five Filipino bands who are active right now outside the Filipino community.

We are still recording at Chill Recording Studio, located on Sargent Ave. We are yet to finish our first single, "For Her Brilliance." This is a rearranged version of a song I originally wrote in 1999 in the Philippines when I was still a member of Dream Kitchen. Another version is one that Half Life Half Death bandmate Rain Paggao and I recorded a few years ago and released independently under the moniker Half Moon Half Rain. I will describe the haLf man haLf eLf version in one word: Majestic! It features brass and wind and other unconventional instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment